MATRIX 1.4 - FREE & OPEN AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
[DOS-V PROJECT] [BC-i PROJECT] [WS PROJECT] ["M" PROJECT] ["SILUMAN" PROJECT] [EVOLUTION PROJECT] [MAGNUM PROJECT] [ PCB DESIGN BY COMMUNITY] [PCB DESIGN BY HERU HTL] [UTILITY KIT] [OUTPUT PROCTECTIONS] [INSTALLATION GUIDES] [MATRIX 1.4 GENERATION II - T13]
SHORT ABOUT MATRIX 1.4
MATRIX 1.4 is free & open audio power amplifier platform. This is open hardware technology which is developed and freely provided to aid the people in producing audio power amplifier KIT without counterfeiting, without piracy, or without breaking the copyright law.
THE NAME OF "MATRIX 1.4"
The former name of MATRIX 1.4 is "FORMULA 1.4", which is renamed into MATRIX 1.4 at the year of 2005 to avoid the similarity over a sport-car championship's name known as "FORMULA 1". The name of "MATRIX" in MATRIX 1.4 is not similar to Matrix Power Amplifier from England, not even a part of any other platforms. MATRIX 1.4 is MATRIX 1.4, the name was written in UPER CASE of letters and combined with space and closed by the decimal-floating number of 1.4.
SCHEMATIC & ALL FILES DOWNLOAD REPOSITORY
Old/origin MATRIX 1.4:
MATRIX 1.4 GENERATION II T13:
THE HISTORY LOG OF MATRIX 1.4 DEVELOPMENT
THE ORIGIN OF MATRIX 1.4
The origin of MATRIX 1.4 schematics are known as "i-variant" and "R" (rework release), that originally developed based the pure MATRIX 1.4 formula by Heru Himawan Tejo Laksono, Mujiono Irkhas, Sangidhin, & Dargo. The pure MATRIX 1.4 formula applies ultra-gain amplification model, short bandwidth, and capable only for considered-low-voltage operation (lower than 100V), under the consideration for the simplistic of circuit-system modeling and to guaranty the function stability. However, it is not a best choice for everyone, in case that the pure MATRIX 1.4 references the noisy character due the ultra-gain amplification model (noise is very small, but still audible on idle state if you close your ear over the tweeter-loudspeaker that operated with MATRIX 1.4). The ultra-gain amplification model also causes the problematic of fault PCB-grounding such hums and parasitic-oscillation, so that it must be applied with specific grounding method between input, output, and the circuit of power supply unit. With the short bandwidth amplification model, the origin models of MATRIX 1.4 can be operating more stable, especially to prevent the NFB-lag parasitic-oscillations and capacitive-loads of long-parallel of loudspeaker-cable. Still, I (Heru, the author of original MATRIX 1.4) notes for you, that MATRIX 1.4 may be not a best choice, but it will be a good fella for your hobby.
R-2 or R2 is one of origin MATRIX 1.4 variants, developed by Heru Himawan T, Mr. Mujiono Irkhas, Mr. Wawan "Dongqyu" Noviayanto, Mr. Agung, Mr. Kuswanto "Regest", and more at the City of Purwokerto - Central Java - Indonesia. This variant is one of the most and widely used since the year of 2010. Some customized versions of R2 also released by the MATRIX 1.4 community under direction of Mr. Robert Tombilangi (Kawanuwa & WS Variant Developer).
PROGRESSIVE MODEL VARIANTS OF MATRIX 1.4
MATRIX 1.4 also developed into the progressive enhanced models, such RLVA, FH (Free Hand, a modified of RLVA), and DOS-V/DOS-VAS (Dynamic output sinking VAS). These models are purposed to improve the output-damping factor and output precision.
BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY MODEL VARIANTS
The backward compatibility model is popularly known as "BC-i". This is a backward model to i-variant in fusion with R-2. Some other variants of backward-compatibility are so called as Kawanuwa and "WS" (Wiro Sableng) that developed by Mr. Robert Tombilangi. Kawanuwa is based the R-2, and WS is based BC-i.
PERSONAL CUSTOMIZED MODEL VARIANTS
There were some personal customized variants such as M + ANDALAS by Mr. Andi Rithonga (Andi Lala), SILUMAN + MAGNUM & SENUSA By Mr. Eric Tindaon & Mr. Damanhuri Dalimunte, EVOLUTION by Mr. V. Sianipar and many others.
FORK PLATFORMS BASED MATRIX 1.4
FG PLATFORM is an earlier fork of MATRIX 1.4. The development was totally discontinued.
FPA GPL is a fork of MATRIX 1.4. It contains some formula of MATRIX 1.4. The developer of FPA GPL never decide to use the name of MATRIX 1.4 in the principal to avoid the dualism. The development seemed not active anymore though its publication site still online.
THE NEXT GENERATION OF MATRIX 1.4: "MATRIX 1.4 II T13"
MATRIX 1.4 II T13 or known as "T13" is a fusion of the origin of MATRIX 1.4 and F23 AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM, a reformulation for improvements to gain better application performances and to simplify the core circuit model. While F23 designated to apply complex circuit model (to guaranty precision), MATRIX 1.4 II T13 designated for simplicity and for who wants to do more handy customization. T13 implements TEF (Tripple Emitter Follower) output-stage, but without the need of symmetrical sub-circuit model. T13 implements modern formulation, normal-gain amplification model and large bandwidth amplification. More information of T13 are available at the official site of MATRIX 1.4 II T13 at http://matrix-1-4-two-t13.sourceforge.io/.
This intellectual work product is licensed under public license such GNU / General Public License or GPL, Berkeley Software Distribution License or BSDL, Common Creative License, etc. By default, the previous and origin of MATRIX 1.4 schematics are released under the therms of GPL V.3 (GNU / General Public License V.3). Everyone are welcomed to use, alter, redistribute, the schematic of MATRIX and/or produce the KIT products based MATRIX 1.4 schematics, in condition that obey the therms of public license that came with MATRIX 1.4 schematics such GPL, BSDL, etc. If you produce the KIT and shell it, you must include the copy of MATRIX 1.4 schematic(s) for your client, complete with the copyleft within the schematic and preserve the freedom to your client to use, alter, redistribute, the schematic of MATRIX 1.4, and so on. You must also provide the warranty for your clients within the shelling of your KIT product as follow the good manner of business. You may also charge for fee from your client in servicing your client in distributing MATRIX 1.4 schematics, as it is you right to get paid for such your service profession. With MATRIX 1.4 open licensing model, you may get many chances to get lucks.
NOTES FROM ORIGINAL AUTHOR TO CLEAR THE MATRIX 1.4 LICENSING MODEL
As of the year of 2017, I am herein, the original author of MATRIX 1.4 (Heru Himawan T) no longer supporting the corporation with any commercial variant developers. I put MATRIX 1.4 back into an open hardware technology as just in beginning. All schematics of MATRIX 1.4 must be openly published on the public site under the terms of general public license such as GNU GPL (preferably GPL V.3 or any later versions) or perhaps BSDL (preferably Clause-3 of BSD License). It is clear, I totally put MATRIX 1.4 back as it ought be: "an open hardware technology".
If someone wants to develop a NON-FREE or private schematic that she/he claimed as a MATRIX 1.4 schematic, I NOTE herein to him/her to not use any label or logo of MATRIX 1.4. Developing a NON-FREE schematic under the name/label/logo MATRIX 1.4 is a violation against the MATRIX 1.4 licensing model today and for the future. I also note herein, MATRIX 1.4 logo or label shall not be used to name a non-MATRIX 1.4 variant schematic.
If someone wants to develop MATRIX 1.4 and wants to claim his/her self as "a developer of MATRIX 1.4 variant", he/she must be ready to follow the MATRIX 1.4 guidelines and understands about "freedom in civilization", and if not, so just don't ever try to involve in MATRIX 1.4 development and don't claim self as a MATRIX 1.4 developer.
The following guidelines must be applied for the personal or work-team/group-of-developer of MATRIX 1.4 variant.
If yourself as a single person cannot fulfill all the conditions or not able to conduct all works in developing a MATRIX 1.4 variant, so you must organize a work-team for working together. You shall not always be a single fighter.
PREPARE YOURSELF BEFORE DECIDING TO BECOME A MATRIX 1.4 VARIANT DEVELOPER
- About Personality:
- Good personality, pro-social, communicative/diplomatist, friendly, open mind, common sense or health in mentality
- Creative & progressive
- Idealist & innovative to innovate original works, not a type of plagiarist
- Good attitude, ready to appreciate another variant developer works
- Ready to accept critics, advisement, ready to hear negative-comments/opinions, ready to open inquiry
Experiences & Skills:
- Ready to provide free & open-schematic hardware technology
- Ready to maintain the variant
- Ready to serve the community, i.e ready to provide technical supports
- Deep in knowledge of electronic science, not only knowing the basic
- Expert in EDA (Electronic Design Automation), i.e drawing schematic and designing PCB layout integrally, virtual circuit modeling for virtual analysis using simulator such SPICE, packing and distributing the schematics
- Expert in working with science research
- Expert in publishing the works, i.e presenting the works via online documentation
- Expert in prototyping
Obeying The Law, License Agreements, and obey any Legal Agreements
- Provide original, free, & open schematic of open hardware technology
- If you want to be a patriot for your lovely country, you will help your country to find MATRIX 1.4 as free, mutual, and open hardware technology so at least you can help your country in reaching the progress in electronic product industry
- Ready to work with legal facilities, i.e work with legal software (Don't ever use a pirated software! If you don't have enough money to buy the commercial software, so use that free just like software that licensed under GNU/GPL or licensed under any public licenses. Using pirated software is out of law, not acceptable in MATRIX 1.4 development.)
- Ready to accept the license agreement that declared by another variant developer (Don't ever try to plagiarize another variant developer's schematic if another variant developer apply the BSD License!)
WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO, AS A MATRIX 1.4 VARIANT DEVELOPER
- Work for development using legal facilities:
Designing a variant, based on the MATRIX 1.4 formula. You will have the following options:
- Use only legal software, don't use pirated software! Using a pirated software to develop MATRIX 1.4 is not acceptable. If you don't have enough money for buying some commercial software to facilitate your work, so you ought use the public licensed software i.e software that licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL), Berkeley Software Distribution License (BSDL), etc
Maintaining your developed variant:
- Option 1: Designing a new variant based origin MATRIX 1.4
- Option 2: Designing a new variant based MATRIX 1.4 II T13
- Option 3: Re-Designing an existing variant of MATRIX 1.4, you must joint with another variant developer to work as one team
- If want to adopt/borrow the pattern of sub-circuit model from another variant, ask the permission from the original variant developer! Don't ever tend to do a plagiarism, although MATRIX 1.4 is a free and open hardware platform!
Provide The Documentation in publishing your variant:
- Bug tracking & fixing (find and fix the bug/error on your recent released variant, revise and update your variant's schematic if required)
- Open inquiry from your variant users about the new discovered bug, in which based such inquiry then you will or shall be able to fix, revise, or update your variant schematic
- Open inquiry from another variant developer, from upstream developer, or from inventor directly: Sometime, you will be encountering a problem (bug, error, or something wrong on your schematic, etc) that you can't solve, while another developer or perhaps inventor wants to or can help you to solve the problem or to improve your variant design, so it will be a good idea if you ask them for helps or technical advisement
- Provide technical supports for users or communicative; You can do this on appropriate online forum (community forum) or social media such IRC, Facebook, etc, or privately via email, mobile SMS, by phone call - if user interact with you within this method, or perhaps openly via mailing-list if user want to interact with you within this method
Creating your variant schematic:
- Provide online documentation, you must provide online documentation for your released variant, to inform detail of your developed variant
- Provide offline documentation such as in the form of HTML, PDF, Word or ODF, ASCII text, etc
(OPTIONAL) Create the PCB layout design for your appropriate variant schematic:
- Schematic source file ought be in open format or ASCII format, i.e that drawn with use gEDA gschem, LTSpice, KiCad EESchema, FreeSCH (from FreePCB), etc
- Schematic ought be with feature for generating SPICE netlist and PCB netlist, so any other parties will be able using it to do virtual analysis (i.e simulating with use SPICE) and for annotating the PCB layout design
- Generate SPICE netlist from your schematic; This may be OPTIONAL if you're willing to write SPICE netlist textually using text editor
- Write a SPICE netlist textually, (OPTIONAL) if your schematic capture program not able to generate SPICE netlist
- (OPTIONAL, if you have time to do it) Generate PCB netlist from your schematic, for anyone be able later to use it to design the PCB layout
- Simulate your schematic with use industry-standard simulator, i.e using NGSPICE, PSPICE, HSPICE, etc
- (OPTIONAL) Within creating/drawing schematic, it will be good if you do prototyping your variant, so it will be match between schematic and the real world application
- Prepare the fixed schematic into the printable format, i.e as PDF and or high resolution graphic format such as SVG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, WMF, etc
Publish your variant schematics (and/or PCB layout design) with clear documentation openly:
- PCB layout design file ought be connected/back-annotated with appropriate schematic file via netlist, (OPTIONAL) if your schematic capture program tool is integrated with your PCB layout designer tool - to guaranty that you will not be encountered the wrong-track on routing your PCB connection traces
- (OPTIONAL) Generate the post-processing files from your fixed PCB layout design, i.e in Gerber file formats, separated multi-layout PCB files in PDF or in Postscript or in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphic), DXF (CAD Drawing eXchange Format), etc
- Publish the schematic openly, as the online schematic, on the public site inform of reachable web-site-page; The online schematic in the format of PNG (portable network graphic), JPG, GIF, or any other graphic format that supported by nowadays browser programs; NOTE: As this is in form binary format, ensure free from computer malware, so scan the file with antivirus before uploading to your public web server
- Publish/upload the source (schematic source files, SPICE netlist file, documentation source files, PCB layout design source & PCB, post-processing file, and all possible output binary output format files, etc) on the public repository as a source tree list (i.e in GIT repository) or as a compressed file i.e in TARBALL (tar.gz, tar, tar.bz, or bz) or ZIP folder (zip); Don't use commercial format of compressed file such as RAR, 7-zip, etc that user will not be able to open it as such file requires commercial decompressing program tool! Also, don't seal the compressed file with password!
WHAT YOU DESERVE TO GET, AS A DEVELOPER OF MATRIX 1.4 VARIANT
Is this really a non-profit work? Yes, definitely, so that if you feel tired and think it's just useless, I suggest stop right there before regretting your role that you decided by your own as A MATRIX 1.4 VARIANT DEVELOPER.
If you think you deserve get a return, don't think it.
However, you have right to make commercial service or commercial product based your developed/maintained variant:
- Open the commercial service, i.e: commercial course/training/workshop for the beginner who wants to be expert in build the KIT or application based your variant schematic, commercial service in distributing high-resolution print-out schematic for the client that not able to such job, open the commercial service for designing special PCB model of your variant schematic, etc ...
- Produce ready-to-install high-quality KIT-product or ready-to-operate power amplifier product - based your variant schematic, and shell such product with good price!
- Open the consultant-service for the client who need your skill in implementing your variant schematic in special customization
- more, and more you can do with based your developed MATRIX 1.4 variant to make income for staging your live ...
NOTE: Make your business as "a good business with good business manner" in commercializing the derivatives of your developed MATRIX 1.4 variant ...
WHAT YOU MAY NOT DO, AS A DEVELOPER OF MATRIX 1.4 VARIANT
- Trigger enmity/hostility/feud against any other variant developers any / other platform developers
- Divide the users or community to against any other variant developers / any other platform developers
- Competing and/or contending against any other variant developers; This will trigger enmity/hostility/feud between variant developers
- Affixing inappropriate notations within your schematic, on your PCB design, on documentations, etc, i.e contains hates, dirty words, insulation, black campaign against another parties, etc
- Plagiarism, counterfeiting, imitating: This is related the schematic that may contains specific sub-circuit model that originally developed by any other variant/platform developers, which you added such sub-circuit model without having permitted by its original developer, especially if such sub-circuit model taken from any variant schematic that licensed under BSDL (Berkeley Software Distribution License). Although MATRIX 1.4 is free & open hardware platform, you as a variant developer must conduct good attitude by asking permission if want to adopt something from another variant developer
- Using pirated software or using any illegal facilities in developing MATRIX 1.4 variant; If you use Microsoft® Windows® OS variant on your computer for developing MATRIX 1.4 variant, you must use legal copy of Microsoft® Windows®, also all software on your computer must be legal copy; Using cracked/key-gen'ed commercial software is out of law, and is not acceptable in MATRIX 1.4 development;
- Misuse your position as a MATRIX 1.4 developer to develop NON-FREE schematic under label/logo MATRIX 1.4 in which you shell such schematic as a NON-FREE intellectual product
- All misbehavior personal actions are not accepted in MATRIX 1.4 development team.